- Auditions for the upcoming shows are held on Saturday mornings, usually the final weekend of the preceding show. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to audition, and lack of experience in the theatre arts will not disqualify anyone. The auditions are cold readings from the script. Auditions for musicals will also include a prepared song of your choice.
If for some reason you cannot attend a scheduled audition, another time may be scheduled with the director at his discretion. It is MOST important that anyone who auditions makes certain that they will be available for all rehearsals as well as each performance. Show performance dates are listed below each audition date.
Rehearsals are every week night from approximately 6pm to 9pm. Though smaller roles may not need to attend every rehearsal, they will need to be available for any rehearsal date.
Parts are selected by the director alone, and actors who have been cast will be contacted by the director.
On Golden Pond
Audition Date: August 24th, 10 am – 12 pm
- Ethyl Thayer – Norman’s wife – age range 60 plus
- Chelsea Thayer Wayne – Norman & Ethyl’s divorced daughter – 40’s
- Bill – Chelsea’s dentist boyfriend, then husband – 40’s – 50’s
- Charley – mailman, used to date Chelsea, 40’s
- Billy – 13ish, the son of Chelsea’s new boyfriend
A Christmas Carol
by Charles Dickens, adapted by Lisa Rosewell & Kate Vega
Audition Date: Saturday, October 19th, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM – Location: 505 NW Main St., Ennis
Rehearsals start on November 4th (run M-F) Show runs Fridays & Saturdays, Dec. 6-21 Sunday Matinee is Sunday Dec. 15
Audition Date: December 14th, 10 am – 12 pm
- Rita – a 14 -15 year old female, friend of character Sunny Mae Erhard
An Orphan’s Adventure
Acting Audition Date: Saturday, March 7th, 10 am to 12 pm
Dance Audition Date: Saturday March 7th, 11 am – 1 pm
- 4-9 boys or girls ages 9-13
- 4 girls ages 10-18
- 3-5 adult females
The Trip to Bountiful
Audition Date: May 9th
Written by Horton Foote and directed by Bill Rhoten.
Roles (6 men, 3 women):
- Carrie Watts – Elderly woman who wants desperately to revisit her childhood home of Bountiful
- Ludie Watts – Carrie’s married son, whom she lives with
- Thelma – a bus traveler whom Carrie befriends
- Jessie Mae – Carrie’s authoritarian daughter-in-law
- 2 ticket takers
For more information on auditions, contact directors Bill Rhoten (214-552-9896) or Rebecca Perry (214-763-6752)
Theatre Rocks! reserves the right to change shows to be produced.